Change Language
Frequently Asked Questions

WHY DO THE AIR DUCT REQUIRE CLEANING ?

The studies show that the air in the indoor places is 2 to 5 time dirtier than the dirty air outside. The pollutants contain dust, pollen, mould spores, animal feathers and more. The pollutants form a dust layer by accumulating in the air conditioners and inside the duct, just like the dust layers that they form on the furniture and floor surfaces. The surfaces of the furniture and floors can be cleaned regularly but the inside of the ducts cannot be seen. The inner surfaces of the air ducts are perfect living and reproduction environments for the pollutants such as moulds and bacteria especially as they are dark, humid and dusty.

 

WHAT PROBLEMS DO THE BACTRIA AND MICROBES IN THE AIR DUCT CAUSE?

The stable temperature, humid and dust in the air ducts are indispensable food sources for the mould spores to live and reproduce. Both living and non-living mould spores may cause the triggering of allergy and allergic asthma.

 

DO THE DIRTY AIR DUCTS CAUSE HIGH ENERGY COST ?

The energy consumption may increase depending on the amount of pollution in the air ducts as the ventilation system must operate longer for heating or cooling.
 

HOW OFTEN SHOULD THE AIR DUCTS BE CLEANED ?

It is anticipated that a ventilation system used for humanitarian purposes (for fresh air or ensuring heat comfort) will maintain its hygiene for 3 to 7 years if it is protected after cleaning properly. In other words, the cleaning period may decrease or increase depending on the filter changer and cleaning. In a room with a standard filter, only 10% of the dust is filtered and the remaining 90 % accumulates in the air duct. In the sensitive areas (sterile rooms, operating rooms, intensive care units etc) application for air duct disinfection can be made once in every 6 to 12 months after HVAC cleaning. In the air ducts used for industrial purposes, the cleaning period may vary between 6 months and 2 years.

 

WHAT ARE THE SOURCES POLLUTING THE AIR DUCTS ?

The pollutants may flutter around continuously as the result of the movements of the wind, humans and machines and enter into the body through respiration. Carbon dioxide, biological odours and synthetic aromas, raw forest products (furniture), fired fuel particles used in the burners, cigarette smoke, smell and steam occur during cooking, residues of the cleaning agents, particles fluttering around from the textile and wool materials, residues of the building and construction materials, house mites and their stools, cat, dog hairs and skin flakes, mould, dust, pollen, fungi, bacteria and microbes can be counted as the pollutants.


WHICH AREAS REQUIRE VENTILATION DUCT CLEANING AND DISINFECTION?

1.    Smart buildings, plazas, residences supplied with ventilation system,
2.    Hospitals, intensive care units, operating rooms and all indoor places,
3.    Bank headquarters and branches,
4.    Villas and houses supplied with ventilation,
5.    Airports, shopping centres, hotels,
6.    Planes and ships,
7.    Medicine and medical factories,
8.    Textile factories and the factories producing dust.

WHAT IS THE COST OF THE VENTILATION DUCT CLEANING?

It varies depending on the size of the ventilation system, ease to access the system and the density of residues in the system.